Supervision by Authorities
- Prior approval must be obtained from Power Gas Pte Ltd and SP Services Ltd for any alterations or extensions of the gas service pipes and for electrical installation and alterations respectively.
- To check if the contractor is a HDB Registered Renovation Contractor, you may visit HDB InfoWEB at www.hdb.gov.sg under Living in HDB flats > Home Renovation > “Looking For Contractors” or via Mobile@HDB using a smartphone. Alternatively, you can call the toll‐ free HDB Branch Service Line at 1800‐225 5432.
- House owners and their HDB Registered Renovation Contractors are to engage:
- For water pipe services, a Public Utilities Board (PUB) Water Department’s licensed water service plumber.
- For gas service works, an Energy Market Authority’s (EMA) licensed gas service worker.
- For electrical works, an Energy Market Authority’s (EMA) licensed electrical worker.
- or sanitary works, a Singapore Plumbing Society’s (SPS) registered plumber.
- For window works, a Building & Construction Authority’s (BCA) approved window contractor registered with HDB.
For renovation that requires the engagement of a qualified person, house owners and their HDB Registered Renovation Contractors can engage a QP via the Professional Engineers (PE) Board website at www.peb.gov.sg under the heading “Finding a Professional Engineer”.
House owners shall at all times comply with any law, by‐law, rule and regulation governing the Works and any other related matters